Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm rested and at ease and more.

We decided not to fly to Trieste over the weekend. Which was a good decision. Because my true love was tired. And she tends to try to do too much. Even when she’s dog-tired. I tell her to slow down. To do less. To rest. I’d rather spend a quiet time. Caring for my true love. At home. Rather than put up with the rigors of travel. Especially when one is tired. I’m able to savor my true love tonight. Watching her. At the kitchen table. Correcting tests of her students. Teen-agers learning the English language. Later, we’ll have a quiet supper. Together. I am very satisfied and fulfilled by all this cozy togetherness. Here in Sardinia. I don’t need to go to Trieste. I have everything I need in life. Right here. In my midst. My cup runneth over. I don’t need more. I have my true love. With me. I’m rested. I’m at ease. And more. I’m in love. –Jim Broede

No comments: