Thursday, January 27, 2011

It could always be worse.

We have wind-whipped rain today in Sardinia. And temperatures in the lower 40s. That may make some Sardinians a little bit unhappy. They think of this as miserable weather. But still, from my perspective, if it gets no worse than this, we’re home free. We’re on easy street. We’re in Paradise. My true love says it’s not worth going for a walk. ‘You can’t carry an umbrella,’ she said, ‘because the wind will blow it away.’ But hey, I could wear a cap and a raincoat. And enjoy the romp. Sure beats being back in Minnesota. Where I may be subjected to sub-zero temperatures or a blizzard or both. I guess everything is relative. If I was in Minnesota, it might be better than being in Alaska or the Yukon. I take what I get. And learn to like it. Because it could always be worse. –Jim Broede

No comments: