Thursday, January 27, 2011

The magnificence of Creation.

Once again, I am fascinated by the length and breadth of the cosmos. Maybe it's infinite. Goes on forever and ever. I'ver been reading in today's New York Times that astronomers, using the refurbished Hubble space telescope, have detected what may be the most distant and earliest galaxy yet found. It's described as a smudge of light only a tiny fraction of the size of our own Milky Way galaxy. And think of this, it's taken 13.2 billion years for light from the galaxy to reach us. Yes, traveling at a speed of 186,000 miles a second. Wow! Wow! Wow! That's what I call a great distance. This afternoon, I'm thinking of all the life that may be teeming between us and that distant galaxy. Makes me want to be god. So that I can be everywhere in the cosmos. Meanwhile, I can simply marvel at the wonder and magnificence of Creation. --Jim Broede

No comments: