Friday, January 28, 2011

I've become a thinker.

I’m getting my thoughts organized today. That’s how I take care of myself. Get my head together. If something is troubling me. Even in a minor way. I think about the issue. Resolve it. One way or another. Rather than let it fester. And become more than a minor disturbance to my peace of mind. And another thing. When I’m thinking for a prolonged period, I tend not to eat. Or to eat light. Just nibble. That’s a good thing. I call it my thinking diet. I tell that to people under stress. They often put on weight. Because they become compulsive eaters. When I’m thinking, I’m actually relieving tension and stress. Maybe that’s why I skipped breakfast this morning. And went for a walk. I’ll bet that I’ll lose a pound or two on the thinking diet today. I’ll become even more svelte. More handsome. Yes, I’m feeling more and more good about myself. Because I’ve become a thinker. –Jim Broede

No comments: