Friday, January 14, 2011

Just let it happen. Naturally.

I'm a flexible, easy-going fella. At least, that's the way I see myself. I like to avoid being rigid. Because I know so very many people who tend to be rigid. Inflexible. They live by schedules. And routines. Oh, I have to write and exercise every day. But outside of that, I'm rather flexible. Because I go with the flow. Never knowing which way it's gonna go. Or whether the tide is in or out. I know someone who eats breakfast, lunch and supper pretty much at set times. Daily. I think that's far too rigid. I even sometimes skip breakfast or lunch all together. I eat prettty much when I'm hungry. And doesn't matter the time. I also eat very slowly. So I can savor it all. I also know someone who eats only certain foods. A relatively narrow list. I'll eat almost anything. In moderate amounts. So I don't gain weight. That annoys some people. They think I should be fat. Because I often eat the 'wrong' kinds of food. But hey, I have to keep up my reputation for being flexible. Guess I don't want a routine. Because I want to be surprised. I'm living a stroybook existence. I can't wait for the next chapter and the next plot to unfold. Never knowing what's to come. That makes life interesting. Just let it happen. Naturally. --Jim Broede

No comments: