Thursday, January 20, 2011

Living.

I don't like to write in flowery detail. In other words, if I see a sunset. A beautiful sunset. I'm more likely to describe how it affects me. Rather than on an actual detailed description of what I've seen. Yes, the emotional effect. I capture the scene. Put it inside me. In my mind. In my heart. My gut. My soul. My spriit. That allows me to live with the sunset. With the emotion derived from it. I used to be a photogrtapher. It was so important for me to capture a scene. To be able to look at a picture. But I wasn't necessarily capturing the moment. And putting it inside me. Forever. I needed the photo/picture for recall. It wasn't living eternally. From within. Alive. And thriving. I'm writing in my preferred way now. Expressing a feeling. Maybe that sounds abstract. But it's meaningful. For me. And if it's meaningful for others, that's fine. But that's not my goal. Instead, I want to live a moment. By constantly digesting it. Devouring it. Savoring it. Forever. And if it all disappears when I die -- well, that's all right. Because I had it when I was alive. That is what counts. Living. --Jim Broede

No comments: