Thursday, January 27, 2011

So that I can stay me -- today.

I'm pretty well self-centered. As are most people, I presume. Nothing wrong with that. As far as I can see. Because I live inside myself. In my being. I know me. Or I think so. Albeit, I could be fooling myself. Because I like to think well of myself. That I'm basically a good person. Far from perfect, of course. Others may not perceive me as I do. But that's all right. I don't sweat it. They are entitled to their opinions. It's difficult really getting to know others. Because I don't live inside 'em. I only see them from the outside. Looking in. Some people tell me it's wrong to be self-centered. But I can't find any other center to be in. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. All I know is that I like myself. There's nobody else I'd rather be. Although I am constantly changing. Evolving. I'm not the same guy I was as a kid or as a middle-aged adult. Or for that matter, I've even changed a little bit since yesterday. I'm in a state of flux. I'm adaptable. I'm open to change. And I take life one day at a time. I try to not get too far ahead of myself. So that I can stay me -- today. --Jim Broede

No comments: