Thursday, January 27, 2011

Until love is put to a real test.

I don’t want my love for anyone put to trivial tests. If it’s ever to be tested, I want it tested big. For something significant. My guess is that some loves break up over practically nothing. Which, I suppose, means they were never real loves in the first place. To me, love is the most interesting subject in the world. I like to think about it. And even analyze the profundities of love. Seems to me that true love is unconditional. Or it ain’t true. But testing love over trivialities is absurd. That makes it no more than trivial love. I’m thinking a lot about love. Because I’ve spent most of my life in love. I’m on my second love now. And I’d like to think it’s a very solid love. Maybe even unconditional. But one never knows. Until love is put to a real test. –Jim Broede

No comments: