Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Why I have fallen in love.

The nicest thing about being in Sardinia is the shared experiences. With my Sardinian true love. I am seeing life in a new dimension. In love. With a Sardinian. I think Sardinians are special. Certainly, she is. More special than anyone in my life at the moment. I’ve been reading D. H. Lawrence’s book, ‘The Sea and Sardinia.’ About his experiences and impressions during a trip to Sardinia in the winter of 1920. I’m on my third or fourth reading of the book. And it’s truly become meaningful this time. Because I’m seeing the same places Lawrence visited. And I am more easily seeing Sardinia through Lawrence’s eyes and heart and experience. He saw Sardinia as Paradise, too. The Italians, and particularly the Sardinians, awakened his spirit. They are a kind-hearted, easy-going lot. Full of love. For the pleasures of life. Maybe that’s why I have fallen in love. Not only with Sardinia. But with a Sardinian. –Jim Broede

No comments: