Saturday, February 26, 2011

Brings the world closer together.

Now that my winter stay in Sardinia is about to end, my true love keeps thinking of last-minute things to do. Things we should do, but didn't. Partly because of time limitations. But I keep telling her, let's not do too much. Let's not spread ourselves thin. I've had a wonderful time. Just doing things at an easy and relaxed pace. No hurry. The last thing I want to do is hurry through life. Let's just enjoy each other. Even lazily at times. The nice thing is that we are in touch. Daily. Even when I'm in Minnesota. And she's in Sardinia. Because we have Skype. An audio-video connection. So we see each other and talk to each other. Daily. Often, multiple times in a single day. Yes, the wonders of the modern age. Makes possible a long-distance romance. We're connected in so many ways. Brings the world and people so much closer together. --Jim Broede

No comments: