Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I like surprises.

I’m willing to volunteer lots of information about myself. Even relatively personal stuff. Doesn’t mean I’m self-absorbed. Rather, it means I ain’t very secretive. Seems to me I have nothing to hide. I like to think of my life as an open book. I’m not the least bit ashamed to be me. Of course, I know people ashamed to be themselves. Kind of sad, isn’t it? They put up a façade. Make people think they are something else. They look at life as a masquerade. I don’t like to wear a mask. Maybe I’m not the handsomest guy around. But that doesn’t bother me. Because I think of myself as unique. In many, many ways. And I don’t mind establishing that. As fact. But to do that, I have to be open. I have to more or less go naked into the world. That’s a unique trait. I don’t care very much about what other people think. About me. That is, I respect their right to be wrong. I try to set the record straight. But that’s all I can do. Try. I can’t foist understanding on anyone. I share my thoughts. Like in this blog. I keep taking the blog over the next horizon. Not fully knowing where I’m going. That’s another thing I like about life. I don’t have to know where I’m going. I like surprises. –Jim Broede

No comments: