Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm a take-charge guy.

My granddaughter tells me I'm missing the coldest and snowiest winter in Minnesota in a long, long time. Sounds good to me. Because in my over two months in Sardinia so far, I haven't seen anything remotely close to a freezing temperature, or a snowflake. And I've been sunning myself. Got a litte bit of a tan while walking the Mediterranean beaches. Sure, we have an occasional rainy day and night. But I can handle it. Really, if I were back in Minnesota, I'd handle the snow and cold, too. Whatever comes. I'd adjust. And find a way to savor it all. Or at least, I'd try to. Because I don't wanna suffer or be unhappy. I suppose what I miss most about Minnesota are my two cats, Loverboy and Chenuska. But I know they are being well-cared for. By granddaughter. And her husband, who happens to be a veterinarian. The kitties are being spoiled, I'm sure. Maybe they won't want to come home with me. But they ain't gonna have a choice. I'm the boss. I'm a take-charge guy. And that keeps me happy. --Jim Broede

No comments: