Thursday, February 10, 2011

In a very mellow way.

There’s something nice about aging. One becomes more mellow. At least I do. And I think the same goes for my true love. She’s younger than me. But I sense that every day, she gets a bit more mellow. And maybe a whole lot more mellow some days. I kid her. But I also praise her for her increasing mellowness. It’s nice to become mellow. To accept life pretty much as it is. And to make the best of it. By living fully. One day at a time. I think that’s the essence of love. Mellow love. One floats. One drifts. One becomes light and airy. My true love’s birthday will be in less than three weeks. And I tell her that she’s reaching the precise age when one becomes mellow in big, big doses. It’s an age to behold. To embrace. To celebrate. In a very mellow way. –Jim Broede

No comments: