Monday, February 28, 2011

On a rock. An eternal moment.

My true love got a whim today. That she wanted us to go to the beach. In the morning. And to be back in time for an engagement she had this afternoon. I thought it would be too rushed. That we weren't allowing for enough time traveling to and from the beach. And that we'd have precious little time on the beach. But my true love prevailed. And just as well. Because I settled down on a rock at the edge of the Mediterranean Sea. And went into a state of euphoria. Just resting. And thinking that on this very rock, maybe several thousand years ago, someone else was sitting. Contemplating life. Just like me. And I felt that maybe we were sharing the exact same experience. That it was a day just like this. The sun was shining. Yet a fine mist was falling. Which seemed strange. And I thought maybe I was having communion. With an ancient being. Who may have captured an eternal moment. Right here on this rock. --Jim Broede

No comments: