Monday, February 28, 2011

By an act of god, or happenstance.

I'm thinking about how far we humans have come in 6,000 years. And also how far we haven't come. All this thinking has been triggered by my visit to ancient Phoenician ruins in Sardinia. A place where some civilizations were living even 4,000 years before Jesus made his debut into the world. I'm not sure that religion has made much, if any, advances in all that time. We are still acting like religious idiots. Even killing each other in the name of our personal gods. I'm wondering if religion has done more harm than good since the arrival of human life. Anyway, I assume there are many more advanced civilizations in the cosmos. And I wonder if they have their own religions, and how they compare with those on Earth. Scientists and astronomers are coming to believe more and more that life abounds in the billions of galaxies in what appears to be an ever-expanding Creation. Whether it be by an act of a god, or happenstance. --Jim Broede

No comments: