Saturday, February 26, 2011

Trying to focus on the essentials.

I'm gonna take far less baggage back with me to Minnesota than I came with. I'm leaving lots of things here in Sardinia. Mostly my clothes. Either for storage for next winter. Or for giving away. To the Red Cross. Or anyone who'll take the stuff. Fact of the matter is that I have far too much stuff. An accumulation of clothes, especially. It's outlandish. More shirts, more sweaters, more trousers, more shoes, more jackets than I need. More just about everything. So when I board the plane, I won't check a bag in the cargo hold. I'll carry a back-pack and a brief case. Right on the plane. With me. Ideally, that's the way I'd like to travel. Coming and going. When I came, I checked an immense bag. And it got missent. To Sicily. Would have been just as well if it had gotten irretrievably lost. I could have lived without it. That's the story of my life. I have too much of the unessentials. Now I'm trying to focus on the essentials. Such as love. And happiness. --Jim Broede

No comments: