Saturday, March 19, 2011

And a genuinely crazy guy.

Once upon a time, I dreaded the thought of retirement. Thinking it might be an unproductive time. But thank gawd, I retired. Initially, to become a care-giver to my dear Jeanne. And when she died, I thought maybe I’d just mark time. Until I died, too. But the older and more ‘retired’ that I get, the more I discover real life. These are the best years of my life. Because I’m more free and independent than I’ve ever been. I made my living by writing for newspapers. But in retirement, I write even more. But only what I want to write. About anything that moves me. Motivates me. Primarily my blog. And love letters. Hardly a day passes that I don’t write. Joyfully. Enthusiastically. And I continue being me. A romantic idealist. A free-thinker. A liberal. A lover. And a genuinely crazy guy. –Jim Broede

No comments: