Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beats being a teen-ager.

My true love’s birthday is today. March 1. And I’m thinking that she could easily have been born in a leap year. On Feb. 29. If that were so, she could contrive celebrating a birthday only once every 4 years. And be so much younger. Only one-quarter her true age. And if it were me, I’d insist on adding only a year to my age every 4 years. Making me something like 18 going on 19. Yes, I’d still be a teen-ager. Sure, I would be fooling myself. But why not? Of course, I was born on Sept. 11. Which has now become a day of infamy. Yes, 9/11. When I tell people I was born on 9/11, they wince. Thinking it’s a bad day. Anyway, maybe it’s not such a good idea to lie about my age. If I was still a teen-ager, I wouldn’t qualify for social security. And I might be unable to afford retirement. Guess being old beats being a teen-ager. –Jim Broede

No comments: