Monday, March 21, 2011

Castro: A decent human being.

Fidel Castro is one of my heroes. And a friend recently told me that’s shameful. That Castro isn’t such a nice guy. That he’s tossed a number of people in prison. For their political views. I’m not so sure about that. Anyway, I don’t believe that everyone portrayed as bad is really all that bad. Badness and goodness are relative terms. For instance, what if I had to choose between Moammer Gadhafi and Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi and Castro? Which of these individuals come closet to being a decent human being? No doubt in my mind. It’s Castro. Easily. Of course, some people would argue that all three of ‘em are 'bad guys.' My choice for 'good guy' or 'decent human being' or 'hero' is Castro. Because I think he’s truly working for the common good. Of society as a whole. Rather than for the good of money-grubbers or an elite few or special interests. –Jim Broede

No comments: