Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I gotta have romantic thoughts.

I like to think that I control my thoughts. To a significant degree. On a daily basis. For instance, I just sat down. And decided to think romantic thoughts. Because that invariably puts me into a good frame of mind. Of course, I could make other choices. And think of something negative. Maybe something political. And I may choose to do that later today. But not for now. Because I want to get the day off to a good start. So I think of my true love. In Sardinia. And the fact that I’m gonna connect with her soon. On Skype, an audio-video hook up. One of the many technical wonders of the modern age. It’s like having her here. Sitting in my study. Or my living room. Or maybe I can think of it as me sitting in her study or living room. Conversing. As if we are together. The other day, we were connected for 3 hours and 27 minutes. Not always directly talking to each other. Because we were also doing things around our places. Taking phone calls. Doing a chore. Yes, more or less taking care of business. Sharing our days with each other. Some days we connect several times. We’re in daily touch. Always. I like that. I think it’s romantic. When we’re separated, I also write at least one love letter every night. So it’s there for the reading in the morning. When she gets up. Fact of the matter is that I’m a romantic idealist. Which means, I gotta have romantic thoughts. Usually morning, noon and night. –Jim Broede

No comments: