Friday, March 25, 2011

I have better control of myself.

When I become stressed, it’s usually because I allow myself to become stressed. It’s my choice. I don’t have to be stressed. I can react in a more calm, cool and collected manner. Often I do that. Didn’t use to. But I learned. And I’m still learning. I still allow stress to faze me. Occasionally. But I’m more in control. And sometimes I brag about it. And I become over-confident. And I lose it. But such happenings are few and far between. Because I recognize what I can control, and can’t control. I can control my own reactions. But not the reactions of other people. When I was younger, I thought I could change the world, and people, too. But I’m wiser now. I have better control of myself. And I pretty much accept the world as it is. –Jim Broede.

No comments: