Friday, March 11, 2011

In glamorous real life.

I glamorize life. And why not? I live a storybook existence. I’m gonna start dividing my time. Between living in Italy. And Minnesota. I could easily dream about it. But so much better if one lives a dream. And I write love letters. To my true love. When I’m not actually with her. Or even sometimes when I’m living with her. I’ve written nearly 1,000 love letters in a little over three years. I write every day. In my blog. And letters. To friends and acquaintances. My true love is Sardinian. She’s beautiful. And smart. Teaches English and English literature. I consider her my personal teacher, too. She teaches me so very much. How to be a lover, for instance. That’s an on-going process. One never learns it all. But that’s all right. I don’t want to know it all. Because that would make me god. I’d rather be human. Because that’s what I am. And that makes me happy. Yes, feeling glamorous. Unique. Sometimes, I think about writing a novel. But then I abandon the idea. Because I’d rather live my own storybook way. By just letting things happen. Naturally. In glamorous real life. –Jim Broede

No comments: