Friday, March 11, 2011

I have forever to get it right.

Oh, ye of little faith. Maybe that’s the problem with modern civilization. We have little faith in each other. Little faith, period. In just about everything. We are cynics. Disbelievers. We have lost our faith. Some of us don’t even believe in love any more. But I remain the eternal optimist. I believe in a god that makes everything right. Eventually. Maybe it’ll take forever for that to happen. But I believe in forever. Maybe that’s the definition of an optimist. I have forever to get it right. –Jim Broede

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dont mean to comment on your feelings or in any way attempt to hurt them. Fine, with the disclaimer out of the way I will get on with it.This is purely a grammatical irritant for me.Your thoughts (I "believe" ) may set me straight although I dont ("know") this to be true. You see I think that hope, is to belief just as optimism is to knowing (fact based) We believe things we dont know and we know things we just cant believe.