Friday, March 11, 2011

We are still close. Very close.

I’m happy, in large part, because I’m connected to my true love. Daily. Even when I’m in Minnesota. And she’s in Sardinia. All the way across a vast sea. But we have Skype. An audio/video connection. And we converse. Hardly ever miss a day. And I write a love letter or two. Virtually every night. My last act, before I go to bed. This life makes me happy. Very happy, indeed. Because I’m in love. Real love. Some people tell me we should live together. In the same place. Day after day. I could take that. And savor it. But I also can savor what I’ve got at the moment. By making the most and best of it. I don’t feel short-changed. Because I am actually in love. It’s no pretend. It’s as real as real can be. I live my love daily. I don’t put it off. I’m pleasantly consumed by it. I get sustenance from my true love. And I give her sustenance. It’s a mutual sharing of our lives. Doesn’t matter if we are near or afar. We are still close. Very close. –Jim Broede

No comments: