Sunday, March 13, 2011

Staying out of trouble.

I live in a peaceful place. On a lake. In Minnesota. In a town of about 15,000 inhabitants. There’s no war or revolution here. The days and nights are quiet. Except maybe on the 4th of July. I could easily ignore the rest of the world. In many ways, I do. I pay attention to the earthquake in Japan. And to revolts in Libya, Tunisia and Egypt. And I’m in touch daily with my true love in Sardinia. I guess I’m fortunate. Because there’s so much turmoil in the world. And I’ve been able to directly avoid it. Maybe by being in the right place at the right time. Rather than at the wrong place at the wrong time. So I’ve been able to more or less let the world go by. I’m not sure that’s the right and proper way to live. Just trying to stay out of trouble. And speaking my piece. –Jim Broede

No comments: