Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm in control.

My personal life means more to me than world events. Because I can’t do anything to change the world. But I have some semblance of control over what’s going on directly in my life. With people I encounter. With my true love. So I know where to put my focus. On making me and the people around me reasonably happy. By the way I deal with them. I like to have a love in my life. So that I can be a lover. And a romantic idealist. I’m also a liberal. And a free-thinker. So that’s what I focus on being. I can have an effect. On me. And a few people around me. Friends. Acquaintances. Associates. I have absolutely no effect on world leaders. Or on American politicians. I can’t control the direction my country takes. What will happen, will happen. But I can control my personal life. To a large and significant degree. Yes, I’m in control of what I can control. –Jim Broede

No comments: