Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The wonder of it all. No limits.

I have a very detailed map in front of me. Of the island of Sardinia. In the Mediterranean Sea. Shows virtuallty all of the accessible roads. From one end to another. Hundreds of cities and villages. And landmarks. Maybe thousands. Might take a lifetime and more to get to see everything. My true love has lived in Sardinia virtually her entire life. And when I was with her this winter, she got to some places for the first time. Discovering Sardinia is like discovering my true love. I can find something new and captivating every day. The same goes for Minnesota. My home state for the past 45 years. So much of Minnesota I have yet to see. Never will see it all. But that's what I like about life. I can't go everywhere. I can't ever grasp the full complexities of life. Even if I have forever. That's the wonder of it all. No limits. --Jim Broede

No comments: