Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Feeling good about life. And snow.

I’ve awakened this morning to snow. Here in Minnesota. A month to the day after the arrival of spring. Snow on the ground. Snow weighing down the branches on the evergreen trees. Snow to shovel. But I’m not complaining. I’m accepting the snow. Thinking it’s wonderful. And I’m not pretending. It’s beautiful. I’m reminded of the snow scenes out of the movie ‘Dr. Zhivago.’ Of course, I could gripe, too. I could complain. That we Minnesotans deserve a balmy 70 degrees today. But my attitude is that we’ll have 70s and the sun. Sooner or later. Just be patient. Wait a while. And appreciate what I’ve got at the moment. Snow. Snow. And more snow. The ground is white. No longer a drab brown. And the air is fresh. Sure, a bit nippy. But fresh. And I’m feeling pretty good about life. And about snow. On April 20. –Jim Broede

No comments: