Tuesday, April 19, 2011

So much better to live the story.

I like to use my imagination. Because it’s a way to create. Thought. I can take a thought. And play with it. Imaginatively. That’s how I became a romantic idealist. I imagined being romantic. And I defined how I could make it become real. By practicing. First, with my imagination. And I thought, my gawd, this is the way I should live. Romantically. In real life. That’s how one creates. By imagining how it’s done. And then doing it. I discovered so many opportunities. Opportunities that were always there. But I didn’t see ‘em. Because I was blind. I wasn’t seeing life with a romantic eye. When I did, I soon learned that I could make things happen. By being romantic. Actually taking on the role of a true romantic. I knew how to do it. To make it more than a dream. By living my dream. I could have merely settled for writing a story. A romantic novel, for instance. But I decided that would be a waste of time. So much better to live the story. In real life. –Jim Broede

No comments: