Sunday, April 3, 2011

I always find a way. To be me.

If something is bothering me, I tell myself, ‘Get over it.’ Yes, deal with it. Get over it. Accept the situation. Or solve the problem. Fix it. Get on with life. With living. In a reasonably happy manner. Guess I give similar advice to other people. Unhappy people. People who dwell on misery. They don’t always like the advice. They wish I’d shut up. And mind my own business. But I generally don’t know where to draw the line. So I offer my opinion. Even if it’s unsolicited. Because I’m opinionated. Anyway, I don’t mind listening to opinions. Because it gives me the opportunity to disagree. Or for that matter, to learn something. Maybe to even change my opinion. I’m not always right. Some days I’m more wrong than right. But that doesn’t bother me. After all, I’m just feeling my way through life. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained. Gives me a sense of walking naked in the world. What you see is what you get. Although I’m not afraid to fake it. To act brave when I’m scared. Depends on the situation. Yes, I’m flexible. I give preference to people I like. Which means I don’t treat everyone the same. I play favorites. And my mood may change from day to day. Even moment to moment. That’s one of the things I like about life. Changeability. Adaptability. I refuse to be stuck in a rut. If I’m caught in one, I get out. One way or another. I always find a way. To be me. –Jim Broede

No comments: