Friday, April 15, 2011

I have a purpose.

I’m not so sure that there’s such a thing as being ruthlessly honest with one’s self. Because that would hurt too much. So maybe we protect ourselves from the truth. We tell ourselves we are being honest. When really we aren’t. It’s all a sham. That means we live in a make-believe world. Just to get by. To survive. Because if we knew the truth, we’d be scared or devastated. Or we’d go downright crazy. So we concoct scenarios that get us through. Day to day. Yes, we create our own little worlds. That’s the marvel of life. We even create gods. Or maybe just a single god. Anything that gets us by. I think of myself as creative. In a sense, almost like god. Because I have given meaning to my life. I have a purpose. To find reason to be in love. With life. –Jim Broede

No comments: