Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm trying to figure it out.

Maybe the biggest marvel of life is that I’m capable of caring for someone. Other than myself. But still, I suspect that I care more about myself. Than anyone. It’s as if I’m at the center of the universe. That I have an opportunity to control my destiny. Much easier than it is for me to control another’s destiny. Because I live inside myself. And I can’t live inside another being. Even though I can care. Lovingly. Yes, there’s this feeling that connects me. To another human being. And maybe to the life force. I don’t know exactly what it is. Maybe for lack of a better word I call it love. That satisfies me for the moment. The thing is that I don’t understand exactly what’s going on. Around me. Or inside me. But I’m trying to figure it out. By digging deeper. Within me. –Jim Broede

No comments: