Sunday, April 10, 2011

I pick a happy set of options.

I like it that I have many things to do. So many that I won’t ever get it all done. So I have to let things slide. I refuse to feel overwhelmed. Because I know it’s unrealistic to try to do everything. It’s impossible in a single lifetime. Therefore, I have to make choices. And that’s what I like. An abundance of choices. Better than having only a handful of options. When I go to bed at night, I don’t fret. Even though there are things still to do. But I choose to have a good night’s sleep. That’s a top priority. A restful sleep. That’s one of the paramount pleasures of life. I know people who don’t sleep well. Maybe because they have too much on their minds. They feel overwhelmed. But I’m of the notion that that I can do only so much. I can’t do it all. And I mainly pick and choose the things that make me happy. –Jim Broede

No comments: