Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm easy to please.

You know, even though I gripe and complain a lot, I’m a very happy being. Because I’m in love. That makes the difference. I have a true love. In Sardinia. Part of Italy. An island in the Mediterranean Sea. And I’m in touch with her daily. On Skype. An audio-video hook-up. And we spend lots of time together. In the flesh. In Sardinia. In America. And traveling in the world. Anyway, this makes me feel free. And cosmopolitan. I don’t have to be tied down to Minnesota. Or America. I move about. In pursuit of happiness. And I speak my piece. My mind. My mood. Which changes from day to day. But essentially, I’m happy. Very happy. Because I’m a free spirit. A romantic idealist. A free-thinker. A liberal. A lover. And I’ve learned to live one day at a time. Able to savor precious moments. Daily. And all I need to make my day is a single precious moment. I don’t need two or three. Or 1,000. I can settle for one. In that sense, I’m easy to please. –Jim Broede

No comments: