Saturday, April 9, 2011

Knowing that I am in Paradise.

Going for a walk. That’s how I’ve coped with life’s problems. For as long as I can remember. Taking a long walk. Along a sea or lake shore. Through a woods. Across a desert. Or on a mountain trail. Nothing more soothing than a walk. And breathing fresh air. Clears the mind. And heals the body and spirit. Helps to merge one’s soul with nature. And the outdoors is far better than a church or cathedral for communing with god. I’ve been fortunate. In that I’ve been able to avoid living in big cities most of my life. Instead, I’ve been in small towns or in the country. I’ve been able to get away. Away from people and civilization. Nothing against big teeming metropolitan areas and big crowds and civilized society. But I prefer solitude and peace and quiet. In the hinterlands. I’m best when I’m alone or with my true love. Walking along a solitary beach on the Mediterranean Sea. Knowing that I am in Paradise. --Jim Broede

No comments: