Wednesday, April 6, 2011

To the pursuit of love.

I’m seeking an honorary Ph.D. In love. From none other than god, himself. I’ve been working on a degree all of my life. But especially in the last 30 or 40 years. I’ve been studying the craft and art of love. And in the process, I’ve evolved into a romantic idealist. I’m a love poet. And a prolific writer of love letters. I craft loving words. And loving thoughts. My whole life revolves around the notion of love. I talk and write about love daily. Never miss a day. Even if I’m sick, I become a special kind of sick. Love sick. I’ve thought of getting my Ph.D. from a bona fide university. But they don’t seem to offer Ph.D.’s in love. So I’ve gone to the master. The god of love. He has the authority to grant me a degree. I’m trying to work it out with him now. I’m unaware if god has granted any other degrees. In love, or anything. But why not? I could become the first. And then there might be others to follow. Someone has to set the example. And become first. I can think of no higher purpose in life. Than to devote my soul and spirit. To the pursuit of love. –Jim Broede

No comments: