Saturday, April 23, 2011

With real and intimate meaning.

I find that learning a second language or even a third language is very frustrating. In that I recognize my inability to ever master another language. That I’m stuck with English. Whenever I truly want to express myself. It’s taken me a lifetime to get this far. To speak in a truly expressive manner. With English. Oh, I could still do better with my English. But still, I feel unshackled with English. With German. Or with Italian. I’m shackled. Very limited. But then, I can fall back on my English. And feel that I can say or write almost anything. Which makes me feel free. And with most of us, I assume, it’s only our original native language that makes it possible. To have a free flow of words. With real meaning. With intimate meaning. –Jim Broede

No comments: