Friday, May 27, 2011

Beautiful, intelligent and decent.

I tend not to like celebrities. They are made largely by the media. In arbitrary fashion. Often because they are freaks. Unusual. Different. Also, they are inaccessible. To regular people. Because they are celebrities. Most of us wouldn’t think about approaching a famous being. A celebrity. I personally know people who aren’t celebrities. Other than in my mind. My true love, for instance. She’s the most unique person in the world. At least to me. And isn’t that what counts? She’s not known to the rest of the world. You people don’t even know her name. But I know so much about her. Things I wouldn’t share with others. Especially in a public arena. I wouldn’t want her to be a celebrity. Because she deserves better. And besides, like I say, I don’t particularly like celebrities. Because many of ‘em are publicity seekers. And ego-centric. And too freakish for me. I’ve found something far better than a celebrity. A very beautiful and intelligent and decent human being. –Jim Broede

No comments: