Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A believer in love & good vibes.

I encounter so very many defeatist attitudes. Among Alzheimer care-givers. I suppose I can’t blame ‘em. But still I do. Because a defeatist attitude usually leads to defeat. And it doesn’t have to. Merely by experimenting. By looking for solutions to problems. Making things work. Every problem can be solved. One way or another. It’s just a matter of finding the right way. I post on the Alzheimer’s message boards. To try to encourage care-givers that have problems. Because I spent 13 years as a care-giver. To my dear Jeanne. And I once had a defeatist attitude. Which did me no good. But finally I said, ‘I’ll find a way to cope. To solve every problem that I encounter. I’ll stay upbeat. I’ll exude good vibes. All of the time when I am in Jeanne’s presence. Even if I don’t feel like it. I’ll fake it.’ And do you know what? It worked. Worked for Jeanne. Worked for me. Yes, it’s all in the attitude. One has to keep plugging away. And become a believer. In pure love. And good vibes. –Jim Broede

No comments: