Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I like being me.

Let me remind everyone. I’m opinionated. I was born with opinions. I think I spouted an opinion or two the moment I wiggled out of the womb. Maybe even when I was still inside the womb. I wanted out. Released into the world. Into real life. I have no regrets about being born. And about being opinionated. Seems to me that everyone else has opinions. So why not me? I offend some people. But that’s the risk of voicing opinions. I can be offended, too. But I try not to. Because I want to think of myself as open-mindedly opinionated. I can be swayed. I’ve been known to change my opinions. From day to day. I’m not afraid to be inconsistent. That’s usually the nature of opinionated people. They have to be spewing words out of their mouths. Constantly. Little wonder that I had a nickname growing up. ‘Big Mouth.’ I’ve worn the name as a badge of honor. I like my reputation as opinionated. I like being me. –Jim Broede

No comments: