Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Born to be misunderstood.

Some people jump to conclusions about me. Wrong conclusions. But I don’t mind. Because that’s the nature of life. To be misunderstood. If we really understood each other, life would be boring. Misunderstandings lead to volatility. To skirmishes. Even to wars. Think of the long history of humankind. We’ve had wars and misunderstandings right from the beginning. And that makes for good reading. And it justifies war. Because we’ve always had it. It must be all right. God must have intended that we have wars. Even religious wars. He must want us to fight it out. Many of us even think that god is on our side in war. Because we are moral and just. It’s all right to kill people in the name of god. Yes, I know. People will take my comments as justification for war. For endless slaughter. But if so, it makes my point. I was born to be misunderstood. –Jim Broede

1 comment:

PrimalScream said...

Love your posts Jim, I check here every day for some positive vibes - thanks for being my supplier :)