Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Everything is possible.

I refuse to feel down for any extended period of time. Because I don’t like the feeling. I’d rather feel up, up, up. In that sense, I take care of myself. It’s been that way ever since I was a kid. I wanna feel good. About myself. And life. So I make a conscious decision to feel good. If I allowed myself to feel down, down, down – well, that would qualify as depression. And it’s downright silly to go through life in depression. Yet people do it. Some psychiatrists and doctors claim that such people have no or little choice. That it’s a chemical imbalance. So they give ‘em pills called anti-depressants in efforts to make ‘em well again. But I’m more for talk therapy. Convincing one’s self to be happy. To pursue happiness no matter what. Some people say that’s impossible. But I prefer being stupid enough to believe that everything is possible. Even happiness. –Jim Broede

No comments: