Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My moment of awareness.

I like being. Yes, being me. I don’t wanna be anyone else. And the nicest thing of all is that I have opportunities. To evolve. To grow. To expand. To explore. To satisfy my curiosity. I don’t know how I ever became me. Guess I just happened. Sprang from a seed. In my mother’s womb. And lo and behold. There I was. Like magic. One moment I wasn’t. And the next moment I was. Maybe I’ll vanish as quickly as I appeared. Never to be heard of again. As if I never lived. But I don’t worry about that. Because I’m here now. That’s the important and significant thing. I have now. I’ve been living in the now for 75 years, and counting. Which is a marvel. I can hardly believe it. Oh, maybe that’s an exaggeration. Because I really do believe it. Although I occasionally wonder if it’s all a dream. An imaginary thing. And all I am is one of god’s random thoughts. A day dream. But still, it feels so very real. And that’s good enough for me. I have never experienced anything more fantastic than life. I’m astounded. Mesmerized. Enthralled. Even if this life is only an instant in time. It’s my instant. My moment of awareness. –Jim Broede

No comments: