Friday, May 13, 2011

How to annoy a Christian.

I spell god with a lower case ‘g’ for a variety of reasons. But partly to annoy Christians. I know Christians that become livid when I use a small letter ‘g’ in god. They say I should capitalize god out of proper respect. And they imply that I’m a sinner or even worse, for not doing it. As if that makes me an unforgiveable heathen. They think I’m thumbing my nose at god. In reality, I’m having fun with Christians. Over their inclination to get hung up over trivial and meaningless matters. That’s one of many reasons why I don’t wanna be a Christian. But mostly it’s because Christians often spout bullshit. I don’t begrudge Christians for that. Because I think it’s funny. And downright entertaining. And who am I to say that they don’t have a right to believe their bullshit? Because we all believe some preposterous things. Such as the chants of politicians. But some of us recognize pure bullshit as pure bullshit. We readily admit that we use it. We don’t lie in that regard. We don’t deceive ourselves. One might say that we are the honest bull-shitters. If there is such a thing as an honest bull-shitter. –Jim Broede

No comments: