Sunday, May 29, 2011

I need an annual cleansing.

I think I'm tough on people. Particularly on my friends and acquaintances. Too tough. I have this urge to speak my mind. My piece. To get to the truth. And it may not be the truth. That’s the sad thing about life. Maybe one never uncovers the truth. Maybe life is no more than deceptions. We fool ourselves. And we fool others. I like to think that there’s such a thing as honesty. Total honesty. But maybe there isn’t. Because we don’t know the truth. We don’t truly know each other. That’s why we have arguments. Disagreements. Hostilities. Why individuals and nations go to war. The thought of it makes me a little weary. And sad. Even despondent. I’m generally a positive thinker. But occasionally I lapse into negativity. Melancholia. Maybe for a total 6 or 7 days a year. A week. Which I think I’m entitled to. I need such an outlet. Because I think it leads to a cleansing, not only of the mind, but of the soul. --Jim Broede

No comments: