Saturday, May 28, 2011

Makes life worthwhile and fulfilling.

One thing I’ve learned about love. All people don’t love in the same manner. Oh, so many, many ways to love. I love in a unique way. Profoundly. But never more than one love at a time. I find it impossible to carry on two loves at the same time. One is all I can handle. I’m speaking of genuine love. Not superficial love. In which one merely goes through the motions. Another thing I’ve discovered. I don’t have to be loved genuinely in order to give genuine love. Because genuine love comes unconditionally. No strings attached. I like this notion of love. I’ve come to it only late in life. When I was younger, I was strictly a superficial lover. I had no or little idea of what real love was all about. It was shallow love. Not deep love. Real love has to go deep. To one’s essence. To one’s soul. Maybe even deeper than the soul, if there is such a thing. And I think there is. I’m still cultivating this thing called love. It’s my priority. My pursuit. Makes life worthwhile and fulfilling. –Jim Broede

No comments: