Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Makes love feel like forever.

I need my daily vision of loveliness. I thrive on it. It’s when I get to see my true love on Skype. An audio/video hook-up. Makes it possible for me to converse with my true love. In living color. And directly with the spoken word. Even though she’s in Sardinia, in Italy, in the Mediterranean Sea, and I’m in Minnesota. Like 5,000 miles apart. Anyway, that’s the wonder of modern technology. And now we are getting in the habit of living with each other for much of the year. In the flesh. I go to Sardinia in the winter. And my true love comes and stays with me in the summer. How’s that for the good life? And we’ve learned to live one day at a time. Savoring each other. No matter the separation. On Skype. And I also write at least one love letter. Every night. Sometimes, two or three love letters. That’s become one of my specialties. Love letters. The written word. Sometimes it’s even better than the spoken word. Easier to ponder. One can read and re-read. I think of a love letter as a poem. It has a life all it’s own. With the possibility of living for a long time, if not forever. Oh, so many ways to express one’s love. By living love in full splendor. Fully. One day at a time. Makes love feel like forever. –Jim Broede

No comments: