Thursday, May 19, 2011

Making the world a better place.

If I had lived in Nazi Germany, I suspect I’d have poked fun at the Nazis. Thinking I was safe. Maybe that shows I’m stupid. That I don’t know any better. But still, I would have tried to get away with being sarcastic. Maybe I would have limited such humor to when I was in the company of my trusted friends. Hoping that one of ‘em wasn’t a secret Nazi. Guess I can’t help myself. I’m very much inclined to mock anything or anybody that I don’t like. It’s in my nature. Gives me a good feeling. I wonder if I could have gotten away with it with some Nazis. I’m wondering if some Nazis actually had a genuine sense of humor. And tolerated good humor. As for Hitler – well, I didn’t ever see any humor in the guy. Maybe that was his problem. If he had cultivated a sense of humor while he was a youngster, he might have become a stand up comedian. Now I’m thinking that more Republicans should consider pursuing careers as comedians. Rather than politicians. The world would be a better place. –Jim Broede

No comments: