Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No reason to complain.

I feel relatively poor and downtrodden. Because I have neighbors that live in multi-million dollar mansions. In fact, just three doors down from me, the neighbor has his mansion listed with the prestigious Southby’s international real estate company. For $4.5 million. Yes, that’s correct. It’s not a typo. And two doors down, his son owns a mansion that he never lived in. And it’s for sale, too. Listed as a ‘dream home,’ available for about $2 million. Of course, relatively speaking, I live in a shack. My lake shore lot is worth far more than my house. And if I ever sold, chances are the buyer would be a rich man. And he’d have my shack bulldozed down to make way for a mansion. Guess that means I have no reason to complain. –Jim Broede

No comments: