Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Only 99 miscues from perfection.

I like to paint myself in a favorable light. By not always making myself seem favorable. I think that’s important if one is to come across as favorable. Admitting that one has weaknesses. Flaws. Imperfections. I really know what I’m doing. I’m calculating. In addition to being analytical. I readily acknowledge making mistakes. I have yet to live a mistake-free day. And that, after 75 years of trying. If my math is correct, that’s more than 26,000 mistake-prone days in a row. Imagine that. I have yet to live a perfect day. When I didn’t make at least one mistake. Thing is, I’ve never come close. Most days, I make an astronomical number of mistakes. I think the closest I’ve come to perfection is a day in which I made only 99 mistakes. –Jim Broede

No comments: